Monday 16 April 2012

petersham nurseries



Sorry about the lack of posts recently, last week just flew by! I hope you all had a lovely Easter.
I wanted to show you some photos of our trip to Petersham Nurseries in London, it really is an amazing place. We had lunch in the beautiful greenhouse restaurant, which was filled with ferns, lemon trees, tulips, roses and blossom flowers. I loved the whole feel of the place and have been inspired by their displays for my own open studio exhibition, where I  exhibit my textiles in a garden summer house. I have already bought a few ferns. We walked around the nursery getting lots of ideas, buying herbs and taking photos, then walked across the meadow back into Richmond and dreamed of living in one of the big houses overlooking the river....





3 comments:

  1. Ooooooh I can just imagine how delightful it smelled there! I wish I could jump right into those photos!!! Just teleport me there right NOW!!
    Love that you have a little eatery right there.. When we lived in Alaska we had Northern Lights Nursery which looked a lot like that. It was fabulous in the winter when the long dark cold dragged on .. you could pop in there.. have a little lunch and some tea.. smell the earth once more and be rejuvenated!! Thanks for the share!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a lot about Petersham nurseries. It looks like a great place! Hopefully I will be able to visit one day. I have two cookery books by Skye Gyngell. I believe she is the cook at the restaurant. You must have had a delicious lunch!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never visited myself, but it does look gorgeous.

    'hello'

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete